Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good Story...

I had something really sweet happen this afternoon and it was just a special reminder of how much God really delights in us. He really knows us and he takes note of even the smallest desires of our hearts. Okay, and so the story goes...


Katie Hope called me today and asked if she could come by to bring me something (which she always has surprises for me and Sailor, and it's always something very thoughtful). Well, she comes in with this bag that me and Sailor open tog
ether, and it's the most perfect wallet in the world (for me at least!). It is a red white and blue sailor wallet from Urban Outfitters, and we all know I love sailor stuff because I even named my daughter that. Anyways, what is so special about this wallet is Gabe and I went to Urban Outfitters in Baton Rouge last week and I saw that exact wallet and I wanted it soooooo bad, but I couldn't get it. It was the only thing in the store I wanted and I could feel my heart flop in my chest when I saw it. No one knew anything about that wallet but Gabe or would even know that I had even been to that store. 

(The blue wallet on the right side is the one she gave me. It's by loop, 
www.loopnyc.com, amd it's called Oooh Sailor!)
Once I told Katie the story about the wallet, she reminded me that I had given her a bathing suit earlier this week. She said that she had seen the exact bathing suit top in the store a few weeks earlier and had really wanted it, but couldn't get it because the store had no fitting room to try it on. But sure enough, I gave her that bathing suit and had no idea she had wanted it. 

This may just be a simple little story to you who read this, but to me it's a precious reminder of our incredible Heavenly Father. He is the greatest Daddy ever! Lately I have been really receiving this word into my heart. The other day I was holding my sweet little girl, and all I could think about was how God even feels stronger for me than I could ever feel for my little one. That's a huge revelation because I love my daughter so much and can't even imagine a greater love. But there surely is one, a love from our Heavenly Father!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet dawn . im so happy to be one of your bestest friends in the whole wide world. you are one of mine !
im very very veryyyy proud of you, your a great mother, wife, friend, and leader that i love with all me heart :)

ps i love yalls blog site its great !