Wednesday, April 2, 2008

JESUS on American Idol!

WOW! Jesus was so glorified on American Idol tonight. I couldn't pull my eyes away from watching. The most watched television show of all times gave most of the night to Jesus. Hallelujah! 


Okay, for starters, I am not completely into American Idol this season. Last season I got way to carried away about one person, so I decided this season I was just going to cheer for a bunch of people. And I have to say that there are like six people that I actually really like -- and maybe I would buy their cds (maybe?). But I knew this wonderful Dolly Parton week was coming and I loved it.

Now, about the results show tonight, WOW, wow, WOW! 
First of all, Gabe and I love The Clark Brothers and we don't care who knows it (John Hughes). They truly, amazingly love God and aren't at all afraid to shout it from the roof tops. I don't think I have ever been this excited about a band's album coming out. Man, those boys sing with the greatest conviction and boldness. I have heard  them sing the song they sang tonight like 3 times already, but every time it seems to be as fresh as the first time. 

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine ...
I won't let satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine ...
Jesus on the main line, I'm gonna let Him shine ...
Jesus on the main line, tell Him what you want ...
And if you need a healing, tell Him what you want ...
Let Him shine, let Him shine, let Him shine, shine, shine, shine, shine, wooo!

Go Clark Brothers!

And how Awesome was Dolly Parton tonight!!! I have always been a Dolly fan, yes, it's true. I had one of her greatest hits cds when I was about 8 and I remember listening to Coat of Many Colors over and over again. I would cry to my mommy about that song and she would so sweetly comfort me. I also loved her song PMS Blues - hilarious. But, I have to say that the song she sang tonight (from her new album Backwoods Barbie) is definitely my new favorite Dolly Parton song of all times, JESUS & GRAVITY... I am about to go buy it on itunes (and maybe you can too). I never realized what an incredible song writer she is. The lyrics were totally country, but totally good gospel -- The best of both worlds for me, my two favorite types of music. 

JESUS on the main line NOW!

Thanks for listening. Love, Dawn






0 comments: